Trimaran is an Ottawa based financial advisory firm that specializes in Family Business Succession, Estate Planning and Wealth Management for affluent professionals and business owners. We focus on only one thing – helping our clients gain clarity around their wealth to help them achieve their goals.
We are growing our business, so we are looking for a talented individual with the desire to build a career in the financial services industry. Working closely with our dedicated team, this is your chance to develop your expertise in a boutique financial advisory practice.
This role is multifaceted and requires out of the box thinking. As an Engagement and Operations Associate, you will touch many aspects of the industry and must be prepared to manage your time accordingly.
- Administrative Tasks
- Being the key point of contact for clients on the phone and through email
- Sending out mail to various carriers
- Filing and organizing important documents
- Managing the financial advisor’s calendar
- Support Tasks
- Filling out insurance applications
- Preparing group renewal reports
- Facilitating investment transactions with guidance from the financial advisor
- Updating client information for annual meetings
- Creating reports for clients to update them on their assets
- Maintaining client and office data bases
- Attending to daily client servicing requests
- Keeping abreast of all activities and ongoing projects in the office
- Managing financial advisor’s credits and certifications to keep them current
In this small office environment, it is crucial that you can self-manage and keep up with the fast pace. Our amazing team will guide you throughout the learning process; however, it will be your duty to be proactive in taking on new tasks and learning our processes.
- Administrative pro, who exudes confidence – you get things done
- Professional in dress and demeanor – someone who looks the part is very important for such as client facing role
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) – vital for producing reports
- Natural organizer, who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Adaptable in dealing with affluent clients, and the attorneys and CPA’s who serve them
- Self-directed and resourceful – ability to prioritize projects
- High Emotional Intelligence with a nurturing gene
- Experience in financial services, securities registration and insurance license is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in business, finance, or accounting)
- 1 year of experience in an office administration role
We offer a competitive salary, a genuine career path, and an opportunity to put your talents to work in a career you can love.
Please attach your resume and cover letter when applying for this position. Applications that are missing one of the two will not be considered.
Send all applications directly to email@example.com